3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes
3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division represents more than 60 years of experience in helping companies worldwide apply the science of adhesion with improved product design and manufacturing. 3M designs, manufactures and markets a broad range of specialty adhesives, double sided tapes, adhesive transfer tapes and reclosable fasteners. These products are used in many industries and markets including building & construction, general manufacturing, electronics and transportation. 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes can provide the following:
- Bond strength to match the job – We have a full range of products from repositionable adhesives to permanent solutions that can replace rivets, screws and welds.
- Virtually invisible fastening – Aesthetics can be improved through thinner, cleaner bond lines.
- Increased material options – Lighter or dissimilar materials can be used with 3M Tapes and Adhesives to achieve a lower total delivered cost.
- Increased manufacturing efficiency – Reduce or eliminate riveting, drilling, welding, surface finishing and cleanup in many applications. Often bonding, sealing and gap filling can be incorporated into one step.
Our technical and sales teams can work closely with customers to help optimise production methods, improving productivity and product performance.
Knowing when to use 3M™ Adhesives and Tapes to improve your product and process
Based on your answers to the following questions, you can decide if it will be worth your time to evaluate specifi c 3M adhesives and tapes for your operation.
What types of materials are you joining?
Some materials are harder to bond than others. But with 3M adhesive and tape technologies, even many materials once defined as “hard-to-bond”, such as low surface energy plastics can be bonded, with strength in some cases greater than the materials bonded.
Can adhesives hold together the materials you want to join with the strength you need?
Strength can be readily matched to the substrate and stress or “load” characteristics to which the bond will be subjected to. The strength required will be a function of the load applied to the area of bond. 3M have a range of chemistries that give a range of “strengths”. You can match the loads that will be applied to the strength of a 3M adhesive.
What type of load will be applied?
Most adhesives and tapes perform better when the primary stress is tensile or shear, however in most industrial applications, a combination of stresses are involved that may include cleavage and peel. Many of the technical data tables provided in this guide include details of shear strength, tensile strength & peel strength, and may assist in selecting adhesives with the right characteristics for the primary load types.
Do you want to eliminate the stress concentration caused by spot welds, rivets, screws, or other mechanical fasteners and maintain surface integrity?
Adhesives distribute stress evenly over the entire bonded area. A rivet or screw hole in the substrate concentrates stress at the hole and can decrease some physical properties of the substrate. With uniform stress distribution of adhesives and tapes, lighter, thinner materials can be used without concerns about distortion, splitting, or crazing at the mechanically fastened site. Elimination of holes in metal also reduces the chance of rust and corrosion.
Would invisible fastening improve your products appearance?
3M adhesives and tapes are generally hidden between the bonded substrates. Surfaces stay smooth and clean for a more attractive appearance and less surface refinishing.
Do you want to attach dissimilar substrates?
Laminates of dissimilar materials can often produce combinations superior in strength and performance to either substrate alone. The flexibility of many 3M adhesives and tapes compensates for differences in the coefficients of expansion between such materials as aluminum and wood.
Is the design of your component right for adhesive bonding?
Adhesives perform better with some component configurations than with others. With the variety of 3M adhesive forms such as pastes, aerosol sprays, and tapes, you should be able to find an adhesive to meet the requirements of most parts that can be assembled with mechanical or fusion fastening. A spray adhesive would be effective, for example, to cover foam cushioning, but would not be a consideration for a part with a narrow bonding area. For cleaner, more efficient application, die-cut pressure sensitive adhesive foam tape can be precisely placed on smaller, irregularly shaped bonding surfaces.
Will your fi nished assembly be exposed to harsh environmental conditions?
Some adhesives do not hold well when exposed to very low or very high temperatures, high humidity, chemicals, or even water. Other adhesives are specially formulated to resist harsh environments.
Do you need high speed bonding?
In some instances, adhesive bonding can be slow and require critical processing. Some epoxies, for example, require heat, pressure and fi xturing to bond metal to metal in structural strength assemblies. With the wide range of 3M adhesives and tapes, however, a variety of open times are available. Depending on your end use requirements, you can select 3M pressure sensitive adhesives that bond on contact or a 3M two-part paste adhesive with open times ranging from 2 to 90 minutes. Repositionable formulations are also available for repeated openings and closings.
Will your part be subjected to vibration?
The viscoelasticity of many 3M adhesives and tapes improves resistance to vibration fatigue by imparting fl exibility to a joint or bonded area.
Do you want to cut costs, increase production and simplify your operation?
With 3M adhesives and tapes, you can see cost reduction through reduced material requirements, weight reductions, and elimination of drilling, welding, screwing, finishing, and similar operations.In most cases, adhesives require minimal training, and many adhesives require little or no investment in major equipment.
Do you want to bond and simultaneously seal between the substrates?
With many adhesives and tapes, continuous contact between mating surfaces effectively bonds and seals against dirt, dust, water, and other environmental conditions. Adhesives and tapes also provide a fi lm barrier to reduce or prevent bimetallic corrosion that often occurs in bonding two different types of metal.
Does your part need to be disassembled for maintenance or service?
When assembled with most adhesives or tapes, parts are generally difficult or virtually impossible to disassemble without damaging the part. As an exception, hot melt adhesives can be reheated and reused, but in most instances reuse would be messy and impractical. As already noted, repositionable adhesives are
available, but application is restricted to lighter duty attachment or closure. Reclosable fasteners are a hybrid technology using mechanical fastening and pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive permanently bonds two reclosable mating strips to the substrates that need to be opened and closed.
3M Adhesive and Tape Classifications
Classify by form:
3M adhesives are available as liquids, pastes, tapes, films, and shaped solids. Each has characteristics to be considered for
application effectiveness and efficiency. Liquids and pastes readily fi ll voids to enhance mechanical adhesion. Many liquids can be sprayed to cover large areas.
Films and pressure sensitive tapes offer advantages unique to their form:
- Uniform thickness throughout the joint.
- Confinement of the adhesive to the immediate bonding area.
- Clean bonding without dripping or overflow.
- Minimum adhesive waste.
- Die-cut into unique shapes to facilitate bonding of complex parts with narrow bonding surfaces.
Hot melts are supplied as solid sticks, cartridges, pellets, or similar shapes. Handling and storage is easy and neat.
Classify by strength
Another classifi cation for industrial applications is by relative strength and solidifi cation process. Generally, those adhesives that bond through a chemical reaction are stronger than those that bond through a physical change.
Structural adhesives bond by chemical reaction.
3M structural strength adhesives bond the load-bearing parts of a product. As a rule of thumb, structural strength adhesives reach a minimum of 1,000psi overlap shear strength. 3M formulations include the following:
- Epoxy adhesives are available in one and two-part liquids and pastes. Of all 3M adhesives, these provide the highest strength and elevated temperature resistance.
- Acrylic adhesives are two-part liquids or pastes that bond the widest variety of substrates including hard-to-bond plastics and oily metals. The distinction is high strength bonding without the surface preparation needed for epoxies and urethanes.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesives are high strength liquid formulations known as instant adhesives. On rigid plastic, glass, metal, rubber, and other low porosity substrates, they harden in seconds through reaction with surface moisture.
Non-structural adhesives bond with a physical change.
Non-structural adhesives vary in strength from repositionable to equal to or greater than the strength of the substrate being bonded. These adhesives are typically less than 1,000psi and bond materials in cushions, gaskets, insulation, veneers, and general assembly. 3M formulations include the following:
- Hot melt adhesives melt and fl ow under heat to wet the substrates and make bonds quickly upon cooling. Products are available with a variety of characteristics such as short set times, sprayable formulas, and permanent PSA properties. Applications range from sealing to bonding automotive interior
- Rubber adhesives are solvent-based or water-based and solidify through evaporation of the carrier. Products are designed for: adhesion to various substrates; a variety of application methods; and environmental resistance.
- Contact bond adhesives are usually rolled, brushed, or sprayed on the two surfaces to be mated and permitted to become dry to the touch with a variety of open times. When the surfaces are pressed together, near ultimate bond strength is achieved.
Pressure sensitive adhesives
Pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs) found in 3M tapes grip immediately to mating services. With dwell time, the adhesive conforms to surface irregularities.
3M hybrid classifications
- Curing hot melts (Polyurethane Reactive [PUR] adhesives) are moisture-curing urethanes that apply like a hot melt adhesive but cool to bond strength usually associated with two-part structural adhesives.
- Reclosable fasteners combine adhesive and mechanical fastening principles. Pressure sensitive adhesive permanently bonds two reclosable mating strips to the substrates that need to be opened and closed multiple times.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy and Acrylic Adhesives
Structural load bearing formulations for metal, rubber, glass and plastic
Structural adhesives offer many benefi ts over traditional mechanical and fusion fastening: greater design freedom, cleaner lines, less machining and preparation, lighter weight materials and often less overall cost. Available in duo-pak cartridges for easy pre-mixing of 2-part formulas during application and also available in bulk form.
- With a 400mL cartridge, the 3M™ EPX™ Pneumatic Applicator applies 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 to bond ABS components of an
automotive breather valve. The toughened epoxy at the inlet port seals in the high pressure and air/fuel mixture.
- Brush-applied 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive 2216 B/A provides a tough, flexible bond between honeycomb and the framework in entry step panels of commuter aircraft.
- Bonding low surface energy (LSE) simulated wood composite plastic using 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Acrylic Adhesive DP8005. A range of manual and
pneumatic applicators are available for accurate dispensing.
- 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Low Odour Acrylic Adhesive DP810 requires minimal surface preparation for bonding metal hinges into awning frames. Reaches handling strength in only 10 minutes.
- 3M™ EPX nozzles simultaneously mix and dispense. Extended reach helical nozzle is shown here bonding ABS components of a pump housing.
- 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP460 bonds steel couplings into aluminium tubing of a bicycle frame. Couplings are threaded for easy assembly and disassembly.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesives
Fast bonding combinations for instant performance
For speed and performance, these one-part cyanoacrylate adhesives provide the best combination of bond strength, cure time and viscosity. Ideal for bonding small parts where a single drop per square inch can bond many plastics, rubber and metals with tensile strength up to 5000psi.
- 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive CA40 bonding plastic to metal.
- 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive CA50 Gel bonding fi breglass / concrete cast pottery.
- 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive CA8 bonding plastic to metal.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Polyurethane Reactive (PUR) Easy 250 Adhesive System
Hot melt speed with the strength of a structural adhesive
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ PUR Easy 250 Adhesive Applicator and moisture curing polyurethane adhesives combine the benefits of a hot melt system with structural strength bonds. Adhesive is dispensed from a hand held applicator at 121°C providing time to align parts before the adhesive quickly cools, giving rapid handling strength up to 1000psi within minutes. The 100% solids, low VOC formulation eliminates the need for drying and ventilation equipment.
- For furniture and upholstery, PUR adhesive bonds leather or fabric gimping and seams.
- Bond wood components throughout a spa enclosure. Durable bond resists temperature differentials, weathering moisture and chemicals.
- With a thin bond line, PUR adhesive makes a secure, aesthetically pleasing crown moulding assembly.
- Easy to use and maintain with disposable nozzle, no tip cap, no grease, and no system purging. Adhesive can stay in applicator at dispensing temperature for up to 16 hours.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Hot Melt Adhesives and Applicators
Hot melt systems for speed and productivity
3M Scotch-Weld hot melt adhesives are solid resins that become fluid when heated and quickly wet the bonding surface. They cool, harden and reach bond strength in seconds, allowing you to move assemblies immediately to keep production fl owing. This helps eliminate clamps, fixturing and drying; saving time, energy and space.
- Woodworking using 3M™ Scotch- Weld™ Hot Melt Applicator TCQ.
- Fabric attachment using 3M™ Scotch- Weld™ Hot Melt Applicator TCQ.
- 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Hot Melt Adhesive 3762 is a versatile formulation with 35-second bonding range for production speed.
- For versatility in POS assembly, 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Hot Melt Adhesives bond a variety of plastics, woods, and light gauge metals.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Cylinder Spray Adhesives
Convenience of an aerosol adhesive, productivity of a bulk system
3M cylinders are a convenient, portable and cost effective way to deliver bulk adhesive. The pressurised units help increase productivity without the need for air compressors, time-consuming equipment setup or cleanup. The high solids, high coverage formulations give you more usable adhesive for your money.
- Bond foam to itself with 3M™ Scotch- Weld™ Cylinder Spray Adhesive Foam Fast 74NF.
- For HPL countertop assembly, 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Cylinder Spray Adhesive 94CA dries quickly to reach postformable strength in 1-5 minutes. 1-15 minute open time provides flexibility in assembly speed. Formulated specifically with low telegraphing for thin veneers and glossy laminates.
- For fast, easy foam board installation, simply spray and stick with 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Cylinder Spray Adhesive Holdfast 70. Bonds foam to concrete, waterproofing and more, without damaging the foam.
- With 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Cylinder Spray Adhesive Foam Fast 74NF, a fast light coat bonds quilted fabric to solid core mattress. High coverage reduces application cost. Foamtearing strength prevents cover spin.
Effective delivery with adjustable-tip spray gun
- Wide web pattern for fast coverage and minimal overspray.
- Adjust to narrow web pattern for targeted application.
- Pebble spray pattern for smoother finish.
- Simplify with one gun and the appropriate tip. You can spray widths of 25mm to 300mm.
3M™ Industrial Aerosol Adhesives
Bonding power at the touch of a finger
3M industrial aerosol adhesives are always ready when needed. Our job-matched formulations offer premium performance to paper, plastic, foam, metal and more.
Many 3M industrial aerosol adhesives feature an adjustable spray nozzle to control the spray pattern and minimise overspray.
- 3M™ Spray Adhesive Hi-Strength 90 can bond edge bands in only 1 minute, compared to 15-20 minutes for typical contact adhesives. Strength increases up to 230psi in shear.
- 3M™ Spray Adhesive Photo Mount 73 is great for adhering photos and paper to cardboard.
- 3M™ Spray Adhesive Foam Fast 74 creates soft, non-dimpling bond lines to foam within minutes.
- 3M™ Multipurpose Spray Adhesive Super 77™ has high tack, high coverage and is fast drying. Can be used on most surfaces. Maximise usage by turning spray tip to face dot on rim of can.
3M™ Cleaners and Lubricants
Convenience and performance for maintenance and production
3M aerosol and bulk cleaners provide the ultimate surface enhancement in preparation for adhesive bonding. 3M lubricants are ideal for lubricating and inhibiting rust in maintenance and production applications.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Industrial Adhesives and 3M™ Fastbond™ Industrial Adhesives
Performance for non-structural bonding challenges
3M Scotch-Weld and Fastbond adhesives are industrial tools designed to provide innovative solutions to a wide variety of non-structural bonding needs. This line offers a wide range of choices for fl exible and contact adhesive applications. Select from bonding ranges, strength, solids content and solvent or water-based formulations to meet requirements for bonding rubber, plastic, wood, laminate, foam and more. In this range you will fi nd the water-based pioneer 3M™
Fastbond™ Contact Adhesive 30NF – proven for over 40 years in carpentry and joinery applications.
- HVAC duct insulation is easy and economical to apply with 3M™ Fastbond™ Insulation Adhesive 49. This single-component, water based pressure sensitive formulation speeds up assembly with instant tack.
- To prevent moisture penetration, a pressure flow gun applies 3M™ Scotch-Grip™ Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 847 to a rubber gasket in a commercial light fi xture cover.
- 3M™ Fastbond™ Foam Adhesive 100 is a one-part, water-dispersed formulation for bonding many porous substrates to porous or non-porous substrates with minimal dry time.
- In cabinet assembly, 3M™ Fastbond™ Contact Adhesive 30NF is a proven formulation. Combining an open time of up to 4 hours with high immediate bond strength. Apply with roller, brush, or spray gun.
3M™ VHB™ Tapes
The ultimate in tape bonding strength
For more than 30 years, industries worldwide have been using 3M VHB tapes for high holding power in static and dynamic loads. Viscoelastic properties absorb shock and distribute stress evenly for bonding power that helps eliminate mechanical fastening in many jobs.
- 3M™ VHB™ Tapes replace rivets in bonding trailer side panels to stiffeners for a smoother, cleaner appearance and a strong durable bond.
- 3M™ VHB™ Tapes offer the perfect solution for bonding solar panels to a wide variety of substrates. Offering a reliable bond even in very hot and cold environments.
- With high holding power and longterm reliability, 3M™ VHB™ Tape bonds dimensional letters to a painted wall for indoor or outdoor signage.
- 3M™ VHB™ Tapes securely bond stainless steel scuff strips to aluminium wing flaps despite extreme ground-to-air temperature swings of 65oC to -40oC.
3M™ Double Coated Foam Tapes
Flexible foam carriers fi ll gaps and bond irregular surfaces
In bonding rough or irregular surfaces, 3M double coated foam tapes fill gaps and distribute stress uniformly over the bonded area. Depending on the specific tape, the result is a bond line that seals, cushions and dampens vibration, resists impact, withstands a wide temperature range and provides good insulating qualities.
- 3M™ Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape 4016 is ideal for mounting flexible posters and signs.
- To permanently mount a coat rack to a textured wall, extra thick 3M™ Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape 4008 bonds on contact and fills gaps between the surfaces.
3M™ Double Coated Tapes
A variety of carriers for easy handling and dispensing
3M Double Coated Tapes are engineered with adhesive on both sides of paper, film or tissue. This increases the dimensional stability of the adhesive for easy handling and application.
- High tack side of 3M™ Removable/ Repositionable Tape 9415PC “permanently” adheres to cores for winding up paper or fi lm. Low tack side releases the paper or fi lm when unwinding.
- 3M™ Double Coated Paper Tape 410M is a quick, convenient way to bond golf club grips to shafts.
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tapes
High performance, thin bonding made easy
3M adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off.
A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing and more.
- Polycoated kraft lay-fl at liner resists moisture.
- High strength adhesives are ideal for foam laminating.
- Adhesive transfer tape for durable graphics.
Scotch® ATG Adhesive Systems
Versatile, convenient and fast adhesive application
With Scotch® ATG Hand Dispenser 700 a touch of the finger triggers a quick, controlled application of Scotch® ATG Tape at the same time as the liner rewinds into the applicator. There is no mess and no cleanup. 3M advanced acrylic adhesive bonds on contact and is formulated with a choice of properties such as high temperature resistance, differential tack, adhesion to low surface energy plastic and more.
- High performance Scotch® ATG Tape 926 bonds foam cushioning inside a portable power tool carrying case.
- Scotch® ATG Tape 924 is ideal for core starting most paper stock.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners
Unlock the hidden strength and replace mechanical fasteners
When the 2 sides are pressed together, hundreds of mushroom-shaped stems interlock. ‘Snap’ announces that the fastener is engaged, with a closure strength that is high enough to replace mechanical fasteners in many applications.
To mute the sound of automated equipment, 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners attach acoustic control panels to the frame of an equipment enclosure.Panels remove for access or reconfiguration of the enclosure.
3M™ Scotchmate™ Reclosable Fasteners
Industrial-strength fasteners for easy opening and closing
When your products require easy openings and secure closings, 3M™ Scotchmate™ Hook and Loop Reclosable Fasteners give you choices that improve your product and save production time. When closing, tiny stiff hooks of one side of the fasteners mesh with pliable loops on the other. For opening, simply peel one side away.
- 3M™ Scotchmate™ Reclosable Fasteners with pressure sensitive adhesive attach easily to plastic curtains on refrigerated displays. It resists low temperatures and moisture. Plasticiser-resistance assures long-term performance.
- Readjustable braces with 3M™ Scotchmate™ Reclosable fasteners fit securely and comfortably. The fasteners can be opened and closed thousands of times.
Tape Selection Guide
Adhesive family selection based on surface energy
Adhesives attach to the surfaces of two substrates, unlike a process that fuses substrates into a unified whole such as welding metal or solvent activation of plastics. In selecting a 3M adhesive or tape, surface condition must be considered: roughness, smoothness, porosity, coated, uncoated, cleanliness, flexibility, size of the part and surface energy of the part.
Adhesive paste, for example, flows readily into a rough surface for improved effective adhesion. Flexible materials such as paper or thin gauge metal can be bonded with a thin adhesive transfer tape. Large rigid parts with smooth clean surfaces can be bonded with a variety of 3M products ranging from double coated foam tapes to two-part structural adhesives. Some plastics have plasticisers which migrate to the surface and degrade the bond over time, so a plasticiser-resistant adhesive or tape is essential. If the substrate has been powder coat painted, the coating is the bonded surface rather than the substrate and you would want to consider a 3M tape or adhesive developed specifically for that surface.
Surface energy ranges from high to low. To illustrate the concept of surface energy, think of water on the unwaxed bonnet of a car. The unwaxed bonnet has high surface energy and water on the hood flows into puddles. In comparison, a waxed hood has low surface energy and water beads up rather than fl ows out. Similar to water, adhesive on a high surface energy surface fl ows and “wets out” the surface. “Wetting out” is required to form a strong bond. As a rule of thumb, the higher the surface energy, the greater the strength of adhesion.
Specially formulated adhesives are available for low surface energy surfaces. The following illustrations and surface rankings give you an idea of relative surface energy.
Regardless of surface energy, the substrate must be unifi ed, dry, and clean to maximise adhesive contact.
3M™ Industrial Adhesives and Tapes – 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Engineering Adhesives
Sticking with innovation
Throughout its long history, 3M people and products have been working hard to improve the lives of individuals, communities and society.
Our commitment to capturing and fulfilling their needs is what drives our creativity, enabling us to translate those needs into more than 50,000 innovative solutions touching virtually every aspect of modern life including the OEM, automotive, electronics and general engineering sectors.
3M bring their innovation to Industrial Adhesives
Building on our long track record in Engineering adhesives and sealants, we have introduced a new range of 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Industrial Adhesives and Sealants to help industrial customers in the design and production of improved engineering solutions.
Delivering fast curing speeds, reliable bonding and flexible application, the Scotch-Weld range results from the advanced adhesive technologies that 3M is continuously developing industry-wide. And rest assured it comes with the same world-class technical support associated with all 3M innovations.
A name you can trust at a price you can afford
Unlike many big brand names, Scotch-Weld’s superior bonding characteristics and application versatility don’t come at an unfairly inflated price. At 3M we are aware of the cost-conscious competitive environment in which our industrial customers operate and our determination as ever is to deliver a better-performing product range within a cost-efficient pricing structure.
Making your job easier
This Product and Solutions Guide has been deliberately designed to help you to find the right Scotch-Weld product fast, so that you can carry out your task speedily, efficiently and consistently. Simply select the relevant category and you will find all the product information you need to confirm your choice. It’s the easiest way to take advantage of Scotch-Weld’s many application opportunities and get the results you want every time.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Threadlockers
With a wide range of strengths and viscosities allowing use across a broad spectrum of general engineering and automotive applications, Scotch-Weld
- Threadlockers readily meet the needs of OEM assembly, maintenance, upgrade and overhaul projects.
- Fills gaps between mating metal threads preventing vibration loosening
- Seals against leakage and corrosion
- Excellent fluid resistance
- Replaces traditional mechanical methods such as locks washers, split pins, Nylok nuts and wiring thus reducing weight, inventory and cost
- Single component (no mixing)
- Easy to apply
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Pipe Sealants
Allowing easy disassembly even over long time periods, Scotch-Weld Pipe Sealants are formulated to seal pipe threads preventing the escape of gaseous and liquid materials such as water, oil and gas.
- Replaces PTFE tape
- Single component (no mixing)
- Provides low cost joints that do not shred
- Solvent free
- Provides an instant low pressure seal
- Easy disassembly even after long periods
- WRAS approval
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Gasket Makers
Ideal for creating a reliable join between two mounted flanges or surfaces, Scotch-Weld Gasket Makers provide a durable, flexible and temperature resistant seal.
- Eliminates the need for pre-cut gaskets, reducing weight, inventory and cost
- Provides excellent instant seal
- For use on water, oil and fuel pumps, electric motor end covers, compressors, thermostat housing and most machined metal faces
- Will not contaminate hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Does not shrink, crack, sag or run
- Fills surface imperfections, reducing machining costs
- Single component (no mixing)
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Retaining Compounds
Available in high temperature grades and easily dispensed manually or automatically, Scotch-Weld Retaining Compounds are ideal for bonding parts such as bearings, shafts, hubs and bolts.
- Increases the load bearing characteristics of cylindrical joints
- Reduces assembly stresses
- Range of strengths and viscosities to meet demanding engineering specifications
- Single component (no mixing)
- Prevents corrosion and eliminates fretting
- Provides 100% contact, filling all voids
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Surface Preparation
Used to prepare surfaces, Scotch-Welds range of cleaners, activators and primers work to clean surfaces, enhance cure speeds and allow bonding on low surface energy materials such as polyethylene, polypropylene and even Teflon™.
- Accelerates cure speeds
- Allows bonding on inactive substrates
- Ideal for high speed production environments
- Simple to use
- Easy and fast removal of surplus instant bonding adhesives
- Ensures high strength bonding on inactive substrates such as anodized metal, stainless steel, electroplated parts etc
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesives
3M™ Scotch-Weld Adhesives enable rapid bonding of many substrates and ensure high strength joints and clear bond lines, all in a matter of seconds
- Instant bond
- Ideal for low surface energy materials
- Clear bond lines
- Bonds a wide variety of materials
- A range of viscosities available to suit different applications